Optimum Glutamine (600g)
L-Glutamine is the most common amino acid found in your muscles, and for the most part we get enough Glutamine through our diet. However, during intense exercise the glutamine levels in our body become depleted. This can impact your strength, stamina and recovery, and most worrying, when we lack glutamine we struggle to maintain our gains adequately!
Each serving of Optimum Glutamine contains 5g of pure L-Glutamine that is rapid absorbed by your muscles so it can benefit your workout, when you need it.
- Promotes Muscle Growth - Glutamine plays a key role in protein synthesis, and without adequate stores, building muscles in incredibly difficult. While this normally isn’t an issue, during exhaustive exercise it’s very easy to deplete your muscles stores. Without a good supply if can take up to 6 days to retain to normal! Optimum’s Free-form supply gives your muscles a rapid top up, just when they need it.
- Prevents Muscle Deterioration - Glutamine protects your muscles from catabolism (a state in which your body consumes your muscles for energy). Instead, glutamine protects your muscles from this effect and ensures your body instead consumes fat and sugar stores.
- Improves Gut Health - While it might not be as glamorous as increased muscle mass, Glutamine has some seriously good effects on your gut. While it’s been shown to help with symptoms of IBS and a variety of gut diseases it’s incredibly good at maintaining your overall gut health.
- Immune System Booster - When you’re worn out after a series of tough workouts your body becomes more susceptible to illness. Glutamine has been shown to help protect against illness by buffing your immune system.
Who is Optimum Glutamine For?
If you push your body hard you can almost certainly benefit from increasing your glutamine intake. While we can acquire it from our diet, it often comes in unhealthy and fatty sources and it’s easy for a dedicated athlete to deplete their stores after extensive working out.
When to Take Optimum Glutamine?
Optimum recommend that you take Glutamine before bed and post-workout. Take 1 scoop with around 300ml of water or your preferred beverage or protein powder drinks.
WHO ARE APPLIED NUTRITION?
Applied Nutrition are a top UK supplement brand with a focus on SAFE and EFFECTIVE formulations - with the vast majority of the range being either Informed Sport tested or produced in an Informed Sport Tested Facility - these are facilities tested to ensure no banned substances enter the facility. In other words you can TRUST Applied Nutrition products to be high quality and EXACTLY what they say on the label.
APPLIED NUTRITION TOP 3 SUPPLEMENTS
- ABE Pre-Workout - All Black Everything (ABE) is a real top spec pre-workout for the truly hardcore athlete.
- Critical Mass - An Informed Sport tested mass gainer suitable for professional athletes; Critical Mass is the perfect way to ensure you get the calories you need
- Critical Whey - Critical Whey is a great tasting premium whey protein supplement that is Informed Sport tested - guaranteed purity