Echo Supplements on PhD L-Glutamine
PhD Nutrition L-Glutamine is a pharmaceutical grade pure l-glutamine supplement providing 110x5g servings in a tub. L-Glutamine is a really useful amino acid to supplement as it can help keep muscle catabolism (breakdown) at bay especially when training with real intensity and/or dieting hard.
L-Glutamine has been associated with increased recovery and also higher immune system function - many people report not catching bugs that are "going around" when supplementing regularly with l-glutamine. Whilst not completely tasteless l-glutamine has a slightly sweet taste and so can be added to just about any drink you choose - at Echo we like to add it to a regular protein shake to boost the glutamine content but you can just as easily add it to a squash drink or even just water.
Because PhD Nutrition have used micronised l-glutamine in this product it mixes very easily even without a shaker you can stir it into a drink with only a fork and it will completely dissolve quickly.
PhD L-Glutamine - Manufacturer's Description
L-Glutamine is a huge favourite within the world of athletics, body building, strength training and any high-intensity activity. Body builders have traditionally used L-Glutamine when preparing for a competition and embarking on a restricted-calorie diet in an attempt to restrict muscle-loss and maintain strength levels. Athletes and strength trainers similarly have used L-Glutamine in an attempt to assist recovery and compliment a healthy diet.
- Versatile, can be used before, during or after exercise and throughout the day
- Pure L-Glutamine powder with added scoop for easy use
- Great to add to juice or sports drinks
- An important amino acid for all athletes
- 550g container with 110 servings
L-Glutamine is an amino acid found in proteins of all life forms. It is classified as a semi-essential or conditionally essential amino acid. L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body, and plasma glutamine levels are the highest of any amino acid. L-glutamine is predominantly synthesized and stored in skeletal muscle. The amino acid L-glutamate is metabolized to L-glutamine in a reaction catalyzed by the enzyme glutamine synthase, a reaction which, in addition to L-glutamate, requires ammonia, ATP and magnesium.
L-Glutamine is Ideal For:
- Any athlete taking part in a physically demanding activity
- High energy sports participants looking to supplement a high protein diet aimed at building lean muscle
- Body builders and athletes on a low calorie nutritional plan
- All athletes seeking maximum physical performance